An important reason to click is
- the familiarity with and reliability of the website or organization. Keywords which refer to a brand are therefore very important.
- A highposition in the search results also creates trust and suggests to the respondents that the information is recent.
- A third important reason for clicking is the presence of the keyword in the search result.
- Consumers are also looking for certain website services such as the opportunity to read user experiences or to compare different products.
- (Indirect) price information is important: especially keywords which refer to ‘low costs’.
- The announcement that there is a large variety of products can also be a reason for respondents to click on the search result.
- Finally, consumers seem to avoid results with aggressive advertising. Preventing (too) many capital letters and exclamation marks can positively influence click behaviour.
Quelle: A study by Market Research Agency De Vos & Jansen in cooperation with full service Search Engine Media Agency Checkit